This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B2 - Ground Rows

Started by Kamill Jakubowski, February 11, 2020 · 1 Replies · 67 Views

Kamill Jakubowski

Hi, 

I follow GST recommended programming with 2 sessions of upperbody (monday, thursday)  workout per week. 

I came to the step with 4 sets of 12 reps and I am stuck on it 2 months already with no progress. I would ask for advice how to overcome this. 

For all of the exercises I train as recommended with little to no rest (1 set of strenght -->mobility--> second set of strenght) however progressing with this one seems impossible. 

What is the longest rest time I may take inbetween sets? Did anyone have problems with this one as weell? Should I do extra strengthening for muscles involved in this motion ? Any other strategies ? 

Thank you in advance. I am not native speaker, sorry for possible mistakes.

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Kamill Jakubowski said:

Hi, 

I follow GST recommended programming with 2 sessions of upperbody (monday, thursday)  workout per week. 

I came to the step with 4 sets of 12 reps and I am stuck on it 2 months already with no progress. I would ask for advice how to overcome this. 

For all of the exercises I train as recommended with little to no rest (1 set of strenght -->mobility--> second set of strenght) however progressing with this one seems impossible. 

What is the longest rest time I may take inbetween sets? Did anyone have problems with this one as weell? Should I do extra strengthening for muscles involved in this motion ? Any other strategies ? 

Thank you in advance. I am not native speaker, sorry for possible mistakes.

Hi Kamil, this post was moved from the general forum to the private forum., please keep the course material discussions in the private section.

 the first strategy you can consider is the following:

-complete the sets where you can do 12 reps. for example the first 3 sets

-we suppose that at the 4th set you perform 9 reps;

.you are going to stop 15 seconds and perform the last 3 sets.

-in the following session do all the 12 reps set;

-then in the 4th, wait 10 seconds and perform the last 3 reps;

.....

-reduce the rest in the lat set from session to session, finally you will be able to perform more reps in a row.