This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE1 IM - Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold

Started by Dan Moody, February 7, 2020 · 1 Replies · 53 Views

Dan Moody

Apologies for the multiple form check posts but struggling with this IM and looking for some feedback if possible. I'm struggling to get the body completely horizontal as per the video and I'm finding it difficult to hold for the required time. I'm finding that emphasising scapular depression seems to help with stability but do I need more forward lean to bring the hips/legs lower? Thanks again!

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, Dan Moody said:

Apologies for the multiple form check posts but struggling with this IM and looking for some feedback if possible. I'm struggling to get the body completely horizontal as per the video and I'm finding it difficult to hold for the required time. I'm finding that emphasising scapular depression seems to help with stability but do I need more forward lean to bring the hips/legs lower? Thanks again!

 

Hey Dan you have enough strength but need a more economical way to enter the position. my suggestion is lean.

-instead on stay on your feet stay on your knees bent at 90°. you are in a sort of plank with the body in the half straddle position;

-lean forward and as you lean you should slide your knees until the will left the floor.