This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extended Warm-up + Push-Ups

Started by Leigh Cambre, February 7, 2020 · 3 Replies · 116 Views

Leigh Cambre

On Foundation: Upper Body, I'm only on A2: Pushups and B2: Ground Rows. I've maxed out! I've got to grow in order to gain enough strength to pass these. I'm 6'3" but weak upper body. No problems or questions in this regard--just sharing where I'm at.

I have extended warm-up as the lead-in to this day. My "issue"/question is that, as part of the extended warm-up, I'm supposed to do about 60 wrist push-ups. I can hardly do the 40ish push-ups required by me during my upper body foundations! If I were to do the wrist push-ups during the extended warm-ups, I'd be out of strength to even consider doing the regular push-ups later on.

I guess what I'm looking for here is permission to skip the wrist push-ups in the extended warm-up on days I'm working on my upper body.

Thoughts?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Leigh, at your level, you can maximize the gain by doing directly foundations work and use the extended warmup only in the future when your basic strength exceeds the strength required from the extended warmup. My personal suggestion is not skipping an exercise or try to overcome a plateau by doing the next one, because if you are failing on the motor schema of the easier one you are going to fail the technique of the following. my suggestion is posting a video of your form, results and discuss possible strategies, then try them.

Leigh Cambre

Ah, so what should I do instead of extended warm-up?

Alessandro Mainente

You can begin with a simple warm-up like:

-5' cardio

- then rotation of the limbs for 5  minutes

-little swings in any directions per 2-3 minutes;

-then perform a mystery set (one set) of the last elements mastered for every single progression. for example if in the planche work you are at progression number 2 this means that you have completed the prefixed setxreps/sec on the previous exercise. well, use the last setxrep/sec of the previous exercise as a specific warmup. do this for the exercise you are going to train in the current session.