43 y.o. is now 45 STILL AT IT!!

Started by kevp951, May 19, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,929 Views

kevp951

Here's my back handspring practice May 18, 2010 at open gym. Listen for the coach to tell me pretty good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8Prw02XIg Should be on the floor very soon. hopefully! I'm now in competition with my 6 year old god-daughter who starts level 1 on June 7.

Kevin

Blairbob

In time, try to get on your hands faster.

Get to your hands faster. There seems to be too much float time. Could just be due to the fact you're doing it on trampoline so there is some air time.

kevp951

you mean like put a little snap(speed) in my jump?

Animalonfire
you mean like put a little snap(speed) in my jump?
Doesn't make a difference on a trampoline, your feet just sink. My coach had me start out in a straight body with arms up, lower my arms to parallel with the floor whilst bending knee's and piking hips to 90 degree's without leaning forwards, so I fell over backwards. He had me practice this falling into a mat on a wall for a few minutes, then got me on the trampoline. By doing this I got to a 1hand spot (TBH only there for psychological benefit) with ease from a 4 handed spot and still failing. The next session I walked straight onto the trampoline and chugged out some BHS's focusing on form.

I'd really recommend the fall on to the wall drill for BHS.