This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training Log and Form Check

Started by Timothy Strickland, January 27, 2020 · 4 Replies · 59 Views

Timothy Strickland

Starting a training and form check log.

September 2019: Started Gymnastic Bodies. Had sciatica in both legs, back pain, neck pain, left hip pain (especially while bending over), pain in left ankle, tingling in left hand along with forearm pain. Extreme hamstring tightness (only able to barely touch my knees). Chronic lower back pain. I am 39 and an engineer so I sit a lot, used to do crossfit  4-5years ago but injured both of my shoulders from the kipping movements and they still bother me. I also fractured my l4-l5 from doing a hero workout and pushing too hard. Trained jiu jitsu over 4 years ago but bulged a disc in my neck causing some of the neck pain.

January 26, 2020: Sciatica has gone down a lot, it is very mild and typically only in my toes now. Neck pain is almost non-existent. No hip Pain, no pain in left ankle. No tingling in my left hand and no forearm pain for weeks now. Hamstrings are still tight but I can touch my toes after doing the hamstring series every week. My lower back went from daily to occasionally. Shoulders seem to move easier now. I am not sure about everyone else but I have seen so many symptoms go down from doing the daily routines, I spend about an hour and a half per day working on the progressions and stretches.

Current progressions, Level 1 Core A2,B2,C2. Level 1 Lower Body A5. Level 1 Upper Body A2, B2, C2. Seem to be stuck on Ground Rows 3x6, can barely crank out those last 2 reps on the last set. I remember the library saying it should take 6 months to get through Foundation 1 but I am having a harder time of it, probably because of all my mobility deficits etc. I can't complain though because I am in less pain.

I plan on posting my form check this week to make sure I am doing the exercises correctly.

Timothy Strickland

My current routine is:

Mon: warmup, Foundation Core and Lower Body, Knee Series and Handstand

Tue: Warmup, Weighted Mobility, Foundation UpperBody and 1 hour bike training ride

Wed: 1 hour 15 min hard bike ride, Thoraccic Bridge stretch

Thur: Warmup, Single-Bar Shoulder Mobility, Foundation Core and Lower Body, Handstand

Fri: Warmup, Foundation Upper Body, 1.5 hour bike training ride

Sat: 3 hour bike ride, Stretch Middle Split

Sun: Massage and Front Split Stretch

Timothy Strickland

https://vimeo.com/387578283

V ups. Not sure how everyone is posting videos here, had to put this in a link.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Timothy, on bot links the browser says that it is possible to find the page.