This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE9

Started by Petri Widsten, January 20, 2020 · 8 Replies · 83 Views

Petri Widsten

Last set

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

Last set

 

Hey Petri, notice that in the first part you lift the hips while the hips angle is held at the same. instead of that, you are allowed to compress the legs more over the upper body and if necessary raise the hips only at the end.

Petri Widsten

I see, will fix that. Thanks Alessandro. 

Petri Widsten
On 1/21/2020 at 1:08 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Petri, notice that in the first part you lift the hips while the hips angle is held at the same. instead of that, you are allowed to compress the legs more over the upper body and if necessary raise the hips only at the end.

@Alessandro Mainente I tried to compress directly from the L position

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

@Alessandro Mainente I tried to compress directly from the L position

 

UNfortunately, no difference. it is a strength and mobility deficit. something that you cannot fix in some days or some weeks.

also another problem that i have noticed is that at the beginning of every reps you bend at the elbows.

Petri Widsten
18 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

UNfortunately, no difference. it is a strength and mobility deficit. something that you cannot fix in some days or some weeks.

also another problem that i have noticed is that at the beginning of every reps you bend at the elbows.

Ok thanks,  I'll keep working on it and will report back when I notice improvement.

Bill Marr

Hey Petri: For what it's worth, I was hung up on this about 4 months ago...couldn't execute it properly. I went all the way back to PE5, worked my way back thru, and am just starting PE9 tomorrow. PE 7 & 8 are quite easy for me, so thinking (hoping) my core strength will get me through PE9 quickly.

Bill

Timothy Strickland

I am impressed regardless. There is no way I can do an L-Sit yet much less an L-Sit to bar with slow controlled movement. I did toes to bar with CrossFit but that is just using mostly momentum and is hard on the shoulders, like many things in CrossFit. It shows me what's possible, good luck getting that perfect form

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Timothy Strickland said:

I am impressed regardless. There is no way I can do an L-Sit yet much less an L-Sit to bar with slow controlled movement. I did toes to bar with CrossFit but that is just using mostly momentum and is hard on the shoulders, like many things in CrossFit. It shows me what's possible, good luck getting that perfect form

Toes to bar is easier because you close the angle between the upper body and upper arm. this shifts the movement much more on lats than shoulders.