This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE8 Handstand Wall Run Form Check

Started by Andrew Witchger, January 13, 2020 · 5 Replies · 52 Views

Andrew Witchger

I've been stuck on this one for 6+ months. This was last set of 24, but I almost collapsed at rep 17. My hands always touch my shoulder, but I think I may be on the outer limit of allowable distance between my hands and the wall... Thoughts or suggestions?

 

Alessandro Mainente
30 minutes ago, Andrew Witchger said:

I've been stuck on this one for 6+ months. This was last set of 24, but I almost collapsed at rep 17. My hands always touch my shoulder, but I think I may be on the outer limit of allowable distance between my hands and the wall... Thoughts or suggestions?

 

Hi Andrew, can i see your Wrist wall handstand, please? front and side view if possible.

Andrew Witchger
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Andrew, can i see your Wrist wall handstand, please? front and side view if possible.

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, here is a front and side view of my Wrist Wall Handstand. I measured my wrists about 3 in from the bars.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Ok, you should correct this handstand and move the hands closer one to the other. if not you will fil on developing the necessary strength to support easily your body.

Andrew Witchger

@Alessandro Mainente, I want to make sure I understand your recommendation. In HS 1 the Wrist Wall Handstand is listed at PE11 while this Wall Run is PE8. Should I add in work on PE11 to help my form and progress in PE8, or should I revisit PE7 (30 Second Wall Handstand, 6-12" from wall) with my hands under my shoulders?

Thanks for your help on this.

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Andrew Witchger said:

@Alessandro Mainente, I want to make sure I understand your recommendation. In HS 1 the Wrist Wall Handstand is listed at PE11 while this Wall Run is PE8. Should I add in work on PE11 to help my form and progress in PE8, or should I revisit PE7 (30 Second Wall Handstand, 6-12" from wall) with my hands under my shoulders?

Thanks for your help on this.

Sorry Andrew...i was suspecting about the low level of mobility and it appears clearly with wrists handstand. now in order to correct your form you still need to move your hands closer so that the arm is completely vertical. check if you can hold the PE7 with the hands under the shoulders with no problem. and if you can film the wall run from the front it is better.