This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

First days' form checks

Started by Timothy Letscher, January 10, 2020 · 5 Replies · 103 Views

Timothy Letscher

I'm on Day 4 of my very first week and thought I'd post the baseline photos from days 1 and 2. I definitely have deficiencies and like many of my fellow brave souls, extremely humbled by such simplicity but I'm here for the long haul. 

Note: I have two screws in my inner left ankle and the tendon above the front of my foot that holds together my tibia and fibula was torn in the same accident. That was repaired with a temporary third screw that's since been removed after the healing process. They've been there for 9-1/2 years. 

If stats help at all: 51 y.o, 172 lbs, 5'10" youth athlete who stays semi-active as an adult.GBST-Day1-Crab.thumb.png.a6ce69156fcfbc2ead3f20ced4bf9f83.pngGBST-Day2-Rear-Support.thumb.png.e36ec503680b06683e1d830b6fd1bc8b.png

GBST-Day1-Ape.png

GBST-Day2-Front-Support.png

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Timothy Letscher said:

I'm on Day 4 of my very first week and thought I'd post the baseline photos from days 1 and 2. I definitely have deficiencies and like many of my fellow brave souls, extremely humbled by such simplicity but I'm here for the long haul. 

Note: I have two screws in my inner left ankle and the tendon above the front of my foot that holds together my tibia and fibula was torn in the same accident. That was repaired with a temporary third screw that's since been removed after the healing process. They've been there for 9-1/2 years. 

If stats help at all: 51 y.o, 172 lbs, 5'10" youth athlete who stays semi-active as an adult.GBST-Day1-Crab.thumb.png.a6ce69156fcfbc2ead3f20ced4bf9f83.pngGBST-Day2-Rear-Support.thumb.png.e36ec503680b06683e1d830b6fd1bc8b.png

GBST-Day1-Ape.png

GBST-Day2-Front-Support.png

Generally speaking, they are not so bad. maybe the only correction regards the last plank position where the hips should be fully opened. i mean think about pushing your hips to the floor.

Timothy Letscher

Thanks so much. I think my historical plank position was flatter but this modules' coaching had me self-conscious about my upper back position and I think that was making my hips pop up. In a different thread, I'd asked what's more critical or helpful in the Ape:

  1. concentrate on keeping my heels on the ground, causing my butt to be higher up and my knee bend less contracted? OR
  2. concentrate on keeping my butt lower, knees fully bent, causing my heels to lift

I've discovered the heel/ankle restore and planned on incorporating that. 

Thanks again - you are always helping!

tim

+++++++++++++++++

Note: I have two screws in my inner left ankle and the tendon above the front of my foot that holds together my tibia and fibula was torn in the same accident. That was repaired with a temporary third screw that's since been removed after the healing process. They've been there for 9-1/2 years. 

If stats help at all: 51 y.o, 172 lbs, 5'10" youth athlete who stays semi-active as an adult.

Alessandro Mainente
22 minutes ago, Timothy Letscher said:

Thanks so much. I think my historical plank position was flatter but this modules' coaching had me self-conscious about my upper back position and I think that was making my hips pop up. In a different thread, I'd asked what's more critical or helpful in the Ape:

  1. concentrate on keeping my heels on the ground, causing my butt to be higher up and my knee bend less contracted? OR
  2. concentrate on keeping my butt lower, knees fully bent, causing my heels to lift

I've discovered the heel/ankle restore and planned on incorporating that. 

Thanks again - you are always helping!

tim

+++++++++++++++++

Note: I have two screws in my inner left ankle and the tendon above the front of my foot that holds together my tibia and fibula was torn in the same accident. That was repaired with a temporary third screw that's since been removed after the healing process. They've been there for 9-1/2 years. 

If stats help at all: 51 y.o, 172 lbs, 5'10" youth athlete who stays semi-active as an adult.

It is better the second option.

Steve Epstein

Is there an appropriate place to post photos/videos for form checks?

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Steve Epstein said:

Is there an appropriate place to post photos/videos for form checks?

Hi Steve, you can use the option below to attach a photo, for eh video using an online video provider service like youtube, and posting the link is the best solution.