This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand schedule & recovery

Started by Ali Hmeid, January 5, 2020 · 7 Replies · 265 Views

Ali Hmeid

Hi GB community,

I would like to ask about the minimum recovery days between two handstand courses. Is 24 h ok ? Or should I give more time for the shoulders  to recover ?

Thanks

Ali 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Ali Hmeid said:

Hi GB community,

I would like to ask about the minimum recovery days between two handstand courses. Is 24 h ok ? Or should I give more time for the shoulders  to recover ?

Thanks

Ali 

 

It depends on your level. can you tell me a bit more? i still prefer handstand courses on the same day.

Ali Hmeid

I am doing the H1 course for 3months. I am now able to do 4x60 s forearm handstand. I do 5 courses per week of H1. 

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/5/2020 at 3:40 PM, Ali Hmeid said:

I am doing the H1 course for 3months. I am now able to do 4x60 s forearm handstand. I do 5 courses per week of H1. 

Sorry i do not understand, are saying that you are training handstand 5 times on each week?

Ali Hmeid
On 1/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Sorry i do not understand, are saying that you are training handstand 5 times on each week?

Yes it is 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Ali Hmeid said:

Yes it is 

The only case where you are allowed to train handstand 5 times a week is when you are advanced or when you have already reached a free handstand and you are doing refinements. There is no schedule on GB course portal that allows handstand at your level 5 times a week. it was a personal choice? At this point of the progression, the IM is still strength level, your neck is still at the beginning of the conditioning and HS should be threatened as all the other elements.

Ali Hmeid
On 2/5/2020 at 9:05 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The only case where you are allowed to train handstand 5 times a week is when you are advanced or when you have already reached a free handstand and you are doing refinements. There is no schedule on GB course portal that allows handstand at your level 5 times a week. it was a personal choice? At this point of the progression, the IM is still strength level, your neck is still at the beginning of the conditioning and HS should be threatened as all the other elements.

Thank you for your feedback. I had serious improvement. I can hold freestanding handstand for 15 seconds but i reached a plateus lately.

Now, i understand that i should be more patient and keep on working wisely ( 3 Times a week and not 5).

 

Alessandro Mainente

As stated it depends on your level. if you show me your handstand i can tell you if you are at the point of practicing more frequently.