This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to work on straight back exercises?

Started by Eloy Bote, January 2, 2020 · 2 Replies · 63 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi guys,

I don't know if this goes in this forum but my question is, how to develop the strength to keep the back straight in some exercises? For example the box press of handstand 2, the hanging leg raises, tuck planche or frog stand. When I have to hold some positions with the back straight I have a hard time, for example in frog stand which is something pretty easy my hips don't go that high, the same with tuck planche, my butt goes in and my upper back rounds too much.

I would really appreciate if you can send me some homework to work on that, I guess is lack of core strength but I don't know good exercises to improve it because the old plank and front support positions I can hold them for minutes.

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

Hi guys,

I don't know if this goes in this forum but my question is, how to develop the strength to keep the back straight in some exercises? For example the box press of handstand 2, the hanging leg raises, tuck planche or frog stand. When I have to hold some positions with the back straight I have a hard time, for example in frog stand which is something pretty easy my hips don't go that high, the same with tuck planche, my butt goes in and my upper back rounds too much.

I would really appreciate if you can send me some homework to work on that, I guess is lack of core strength but I don't know good exercises to improve it because the old plank and front support positions I can hold them for minutes.

Hey Eloy, your request falls into the personalized train protocol that is something that cannot be managed online, it needs a face to face approach in order to identify weakness or mobility deficits etc, and it is not the goal of the forum.

My personal opinion is that GB programs especially foundations build up habits, posture, alignment etc. simply follow the programs, use the form check service on the private section and progress through foundations. If you do not build up the necessary bases of GST you cannot expect to get good results in the future.

Eloy Bote

Thank you Alessandro I will check with my pt what muscles make the spine straight so I can strengthen them.