This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE3 Plank Form Check

Started by Andrew Witchger, December 31, 2019 · 3 Replies · 41 Views

Andrew Witchger

Hi, here's another one that I've been struggling to progress through for a while. The video is my 3rd set when I am starting to feel my form slip. I completed 2 more sets after this, but my form was closer to holding the top of a pushup. 

I know that I need to keep good form throughout each set for mastery, but are they also required to move up a week? If so, is my form in the video passable for the week progression?

Thanks!

 

Andrew Witchger

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has some tips or advice. Thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

A few things to fix on this one. Work on hitting strong PPT as you hold and maintaining your head in a neutral position. Try staring at the ground between your hands rather than looking at your feet. You are also picking up too much hollow in your spine as you hold. Keep in mind that there is a difference between protraction and hollow. Protraction is done by moving the scapula laterally while hollow is done by rounding the spine. Try to keep your spine straight while pushing your arms into the floor as you hold.

Andrew Witchger

@Jeffrey Bittner Thanks for the tips. I always assumed that full protraction had to include full hollow so I'm glad you mentioned it.