Power rack

Started by Heather McDonald, December 30, 2019 · 5 Replies · 2,247 Views

Heather McDonald

I'm new to the program and we are slowly turning out garage into a gym. Stall bars will be coming in the future but for now I want to purchase a power rack with pull up bar and maybe dip bar that will give me the most bang for my buck with this program. I've read through a lot of the posts here and looked a lot in Amazon at what to buy.... I need help! Any suggestions?! What specific things do I need to look for? Note: I will be hanging rings from the pull up bar. I've posted a few of the options I've looked at. Thoughts? 

Screenshot_20191230-103328_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-101836_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-103505_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Heather McDonald said:

I'm new to the program and we are slowly turning out garage into a gym. Stall bars will be coming in the future but for now I want to purchase a power rack with pull up bar and maybe dip bar that will give me the most bang for my buck with this program. I've read through a lot of the posts here and looked a lot in Amazon at what to buy.... I need help! Any suggestions?! What specific things do I need to look for? Note: I will be hanging rings from the pull up bar. I've posted a few of the options I've looked at. Thoughts? 

Screenshot_20191230-103328_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-101836_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-103505_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Probably i would go for the Hulkfit.

Heather McDonald

Why that one?

Alessandro Mainente

Because the 2 upper bars are in the extremity and not in the middle. connection in the extremity makes the structure more stable.

Heather McDonald

thank you!

Nick Murray

I have something similar to the hulkfit, and you can easily do korean dips using one of the safety bars. The rack won't move at all. Good choice! You can use multiple pieces of dowel in the rail holes to simulate stall bars if you don't already have them.