V Sit Critique Please

Started by Seiji, May 17, 2010 · 8 Replies · 3,378 Views

Seiji

31183_1377630853411_1611060396_9007.jpg

I wonder why they are still called V sits at and past vertical. Shouldn't they be I sits? :P

Does this look right to you guys?

yuri marmerstein

did you post this thread to boast about your vsit while trying to appear humble?

cool pic, but without a video it is hard to tell how stable you actually are in the position

I work with a guy who can bouce up and down on his hands while holding a v-sit. and he is 58 years old on top of that

John Sapinoso
yuri said:
did you post this thread to boast about your vsit while trying to appear humble?

cool pic, but without a video it is hard to tell how stable you actually are in the position

I work with a guy who can bouce up and down on his hands while holding a v-sit. and he is 58 years old on top of that

:lol: +1

your legs don't appear to be locked and your feet aren't together.

Seiji

Well, I'll have to make a video next time then.

I've never tested how long I could hold that one, so I don't know if the results are good.

The reason I ask is because most of the pictures I put up have something wrong with them. Usually bent arms :/ They look fine in this pic, and I've noticed over the course of time that I don't lean back as much any more. Yea, the feet are separated, but the ankles touched. My legs are locked, it just doesn't look like it.

I'll video one the day after tomorrow.

Blairbob

Tell the right foot to point more.

Look'n good otherwise

Seiji

All right... Anything else? I thought about eventually doing a sort of advanced v sit, where you have a straight back like the advanced L sit in Coach's book.

I thought I saw it somewhere, and I sort of did. In one of the bruce lee books I have, he does a v sit where his back is only a little arched. I'm going to take a wild guess that it puts more emphasis on the shoulders and traps. (which is what I need to even attempt inverted planche)

I'm just wondering.... I only used him as an example, because he's the only one I've seen with a mostly straight back. As you can see from my picture, my back is arched almost as much as possible. :P

*add*

I just tried to straighten my back in one... That's an entirely other story o.o No way am I doing that for a while.

dlsso

I think you mean rounded, usually arched means going the other direction (like for a bridge).

I just tried this out for though, and I pretty much collapse as soon as I extend my legs so obviously you're way ahead of me.

Seiji

Yes, rounded :P

Could you say this is hollow if the other direction is arched?

Marlon

I find it extremely hard to believe that your legs are locked in that picture. I think it's much more likely that because of your flexibility and strength right now, you don't feel like you can straighten your legs any more without having your v-sit drop significantly. Besides that and your right foot not being as pointed as the left (which someone already mentioned), it looks pretty good.