When progressing through the finger tip push-up series of exercises, should you roll your hand into position or attempt to keep it ridged and flex at the wrist only? I have worked all the way through to the final progression but have problems there. Therefore, I went all the way back to the first progression to basically re-master the series. I find that if I hold my hand ridged, I can work through all the progressions without much problem (except the last exercise). However, if I roll my hands into position the movement is more difficult and creates soreness the following day in one of my hands even at the first progression. Trainers: your thoughts?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
finger tip push-up series form
Started by JAY ROACH, December 18, 2019 · 3 Replies · 82 Views
HI Jay, i cannot figure out what you are meaning with "roll my hands into the position", can you show the difference with a video?
I apologize, I can't upload video at the moment. What I mean by roll, is to progressively transfer weight from under wrist, to palm, to 1st knuckle, to second knuckle, to finger tip (rolling or flexing into position). Or conversely, should I keep my hand completely straight and transfer weight directly from under wrist to finger tip. (flexing at the wrist only) Basically, is the proper form to keep the hand completely straight and press into the finger tips or allow the hand to flex/bend into position. I understand that the finger tips will bend slightly under weight when fully extended, but should I try to keep the rest of the hand straight (palm and all knuckles). Does that help?
Second option...no roll.