How can I do some strength and mobility work everyday without over doing it?
I'd like a program where I do some strength and/or mobility work everyday. I have a history of burning myself out by committing to an intense schedule, and am trying to out grow that habit. One of the things that drew me to GB and Sommers was his idea of consistency over intensity; developing both strength and mobility to heal your body, avoid injury, and optimize your long-term success. So how do I do this best?
In other words, how should one think about recovery when programming across these course... across strength and mobility... across the full body? Where I also have some limited weighted routines along side and some semi-competitive soccer?
For example, some of these courses (longer mobility routine like Stretch Front Split) Coach Sommers says explicitly they should be done once a week and doing them more than that is going backward. Other, less-intense, courses, like the Restore Hips, say to do once per week – but seems more like a suggestion than a hard rule.
When it comes to strength, it's common to have a weighted split that supports 8-12 sets per muscle group per week with at least 24-48 hours recovery between muscle group workouts. But I'm not sure how to fit this into the GB routines.
Perhaps there is some feature within the app I'm missing.
FWIW: My personal priorities (in order): long-term health, strength + mobility, performance in semi-casual competitions (e.g. soccer).
Thanks!