This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch Ups & Straddle Ups Standing Weighted Oblique Stretch

Started by Nick Goddard, December 13, 2019 · 11 Replies · 131 Views

Nick Goddard

Hey guys, please could I have a form check for the following:

Arch Ups, Straddle Ups (camera froze on my last set! and that is my first set) & Oblique Stretch

Thanks in advance,

Nick

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your arch ups looks solid, Nick. On your straddle ups it looks like you might need to get some more compression at the top of your reps. Could you also post a side view of your straddle ups so we can take a closer look? On your oblique stretch, just go ahead and let the weight hang freely. There's no need to hold it out past the shoulder. As you stretch, try to relax and breath into the stretch.

Nick Goddard

Thanks Jeffrey. Thanks for the feedback I will try letting the weight just hang and not hold the weight out to the side.

 

Regarding the straddle ups. Should the torso come up to vertical with the ground as a minimum? 
 

I will film my next set next Friday.
 

cheers,

nick

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Nick Goddard said:

Thanks Jeffrey. Thanks for the feedback I will try letting the weight just hang and not hold the weight out to the side.

 

Regarding the straddle ups. Should the torso come up to vertical with the ground as a minimum? 
 

I will film my next set next Friday.
 

cheers,

nick

As close as possible to vertical postion.

Nick Goddard

Hey guys, please could I have feedback on the following. I’ve been trying to go more vertical on the straddle ups as prescribed.

 

And tucking my chin the whole way through Jefferson Curls seems to make me a bit more rounder. 

 

 

thanks,

nick

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Nick Goddard said:

Hey guys, please could I have feedback on the following. I’ve been trying to go more vertical on the straddle ups as prescribed.

 

And tucking my chin the whole way through Jefferson Curls seems to make me a bit more rounder. 

 

 

thanks,

nick

Hi nick, the Jcurl is now correct. for the straddle up you are effectively higher with the upper body but you have reduced the compression. think that if you take off the hands from the floor you should be able to hold the position.  in your case probably if you take off the hands then your legs will fall into the ground.

Nick Goddard

So with the legs they should be as wide as possible but also as high as possible?

Should I try to do them without touching my hands on the floor?

thanks man,

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Nick,

What Alex is saying is that you're lifting your torso further off the ground than you're lifting your legs. You can see in your video that there is a much larger angle between your back and the floor than there is between the bottom of your legs and the floor. As you do your straddle ups your upper body and legs should move in a symmetrical pattern. Your body's angle with the floor should be the same on both sides of your hips. Doing these without touching your hands might help you to nail down the correct angle.

Does this make more sense?

Nick Goddard

Thanks. I think I get it. 
 

Would this form be correct?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice adjustment, Nick! Try not to rock forward at the top of your rep just before lowering to the floor.

Nick Goddard

Thanks again. But 'Try not to rock forward at the top' or 'Try now to rock forward at the top'?

Nick

Jeffrey Bittner

Not* I apologize for the typo