Hi coaches
Could you please give me some assessment on how my lean is coming along? This is set 4 of 18 sec hold.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazR4qyCcJoTTRM38E
Thanks
Barry
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Barry Thorn, December 10, 2019 · 17 Replies · 202 Views
Hi coaches
Could you please give me some assessment on how my lean is coming along? This is set 4 of 18 sec hold.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazR4qyCcJoTTRM38E
Thanks
Barry
Hey Barry, the first impression is the necessity of adding more protraction...
Ok thanks. I feel like I've achieved maximum protraction when I'm doing this. Do you think that's just a strength problem, or flexibility?
It can be both, in the sense that if the middle traps and rhomboids are too tight you will be limited in the strength you can produce with the serratus anterior.
strength and mobility are the opposite faces of the same medal.
Hi Alessandro
Is this any stronger on the protraction? Wondering whether I am degrading over course of the sets, or whether I am not achieving the position from the first set (this is first set).
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazSBvF-FFuxCBVkNg
Thanks
Well, you are rounding the middle/lower back while the upper/middle is the correct portion.
Hi Alessandro
Is my position better in this video?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazSUiaEfY8fuKxYnH
Thanks!
Barry
Sincerely i think that the scapulae position can be a bit more extremized. why are you doing exercises always on the knuckles?
OK thanks - I'll keep working in scap protraction.
I do it on the knuckles because I've got some pain on dorsiflexion in the left wrist and prefer doing it like this than on the parallette bars. Is that no good?
Thanks
Barry
well for sure, you cannot develop grip strength!
Still striving for that scapular protraction. Is this any better?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazSaeEHVjBz8kt-Cz
Do I even reach the required protraction in the initial extended pushup position?
Thanks
Barry
The protraction is better, keep your heels and feet together. consider that with knuckles on the floor you cannot reach the necessary amount of lean, it is too hard.
Hi Alessandro
I've gone to the parallette bars for the lean now. How am I doing? Thanks.
5 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
I've gone to the parallette bars for the lean now. How am I doing? Thanks.
Better for sure..now reduce the time of the hold down to 6-8'' and increase the lean.
Will do - thanks!
Hi Alessandro
I'm trying shorter set (6 sec) with greater lean. How much further to I need to push the lean?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazSgFOPfBVH--6qRt
Thanks
Barry
4 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
I'm trying shorter set (6 sec) with greater lean. How much further to I need to push the lean?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazSgFOPfBVH--6qRt
Thanks
Barry
take a band...put it inside your trousers and let it fall down from them. now move your trousers around 3-4 cm under your belly button. then perform the lean. as you lean the band will move closer to the hands...when it is in line with hands you have reached the correct amount of lean.
Ok will do. Thanks.