This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side lever inverted hold form

Started by Alessandro, December 10, 2019 · 1 Replies · 81 Views

Alessandro

Hello everybody, 

i’m seeking guidance to improve the form of my inverted hold.

Every time I do it, my body takes a curved shaped form. My arms looks aligned vertically, but If I try to move the lower arm to the right, then I look the equilibrium.

any advice?

2576BA7B-07E2-4C4F-A2E9-DBF3463930EF.png

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alessandro, this is hips muscles activation problem:

1- first case a bit of flexion at the hips;

2- second case a bit of hips flexion on one side with a consequential hips rotation;

you should activate the muscles of the opposite side. it is a common problem, something that i have seen also in my students.. something that you can easily correct if someone, at least one time, moves you in the correct position.