This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unclear if should follow the recommended workout

Started by Patrick Davidson, December 4, 2019 · 5 Replies · 135 Views

Patrick Davidson

I am re-committing to GB program after a couple of previous starts.  I am confused by my 'recommended' schedule.

My 'recommended' weekly schedule includes Foundation (Core, Upper, Lower) as well as the Stretch Middle Splits, Front Split, Thoracic Bridge, Handstand, and Movement sessions.  Is this correct?  I thought the beginning of the program was only Foundation? 

Not sure if this has changed and this is the new recommended weekly program for someone beginning GB?  And I do not see the movements I did before at the beginning in any of my recommended sessions (Crab, Ape, etc).

Excited to get started but confused! 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Patrick, the schedule can be changed in function of your actual level, for example...what about your limitation on shoulders? hips? spine? and what about your strength level?

Patrick Davidson

Thank you Alessandro ... but how / where / what do I use to determine these things and then how does that translate to the recommended schedule?  Really confused but want to get started 

Alessandro Mainente

We can help you choose what do you need and then if necessary you can take off it from the recommended schedule if necessary. for sure i won't take off handstand and foundations. I consider restore series if you are extremely tight.

the first couple of weeks are a sort of "testing" period where you can see how do you feel the current schedule. keep in mind that is impossible getting the perfect schedule at the first attempt. things can be adjusted little by little. do not overly focus on what you need to adjust now.....

Patrick Davidson

Alessandro -  Thank you.  Can I ask one final clarifying question? 

In my schedule now, it shows Restore (Shoulder, Thoracic, Hamstring), Foundation (Upper, Lower), Stretch Thoracic Bridge, Stretch Middle Splits, Stretch Front Split, Handstand, Daily Limber.

Am I supposed to do all of these?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, Patrick Davidson said:

Alessandro -  Thank you.  Can I ask one final clarifying question? 

In my schedule now, it shows Restore (Shoulder, Thoracic, Hamstring), Foundation (Upper, Lower), Stretch Thoracic Bridge, Stretch Middle Splits, Stretch Front Split, Handstand, Daily Limber.

Am I supposed to do all of these?

 

well....can you define generally your level of mobility?

bad-- > restore and NOT the stretch series

medium/good/very good --> stretch series and not restore series.

this is the only one clarification.