I think this is something every gymnasts should talk about. I have a huge one from yesterday, I was fulling around on the rings without my grips and I was going into a back uprise and I slipped because I forgot to chalk up a lot and now I've got a quarter sized rip right below my pinky finger on my right hand.
I've heard many suggestions, rip it off(the skin), I was thinking to the the excess skill die and dry up then rip it off, the school athletic nurse said to let it air dry at night and neosporin it at day along with cleaning the rip with peroxide; this seemed like the sensible thing to do.
Any suggestions I want to get this thing healed up as fast as I can, the season starts soon and this is my first year in gymnastics and I'm trying to set a good impression and maybe get varsity for rings.
Currently I am just airing it out at night,peroxide and slabbing on neosporin at day and putting a few bandages on it.