Another video

Started by Razz, May 16, 2010 · 21 Replies · 4,070 Views

Razz

Another video after my last cycle

-ec1ZUSmBE4

I'm aware I still need to push my shoulders out more in planche, stop squeezing on lats in back lever. Other critique welcome although it is a short video.

Gregor

Left ring seems to be a litlle higher then the other one.

Try to do a planche from L-seat, If I asume correctly it will be a litlle easier for you (maybe not the first attempt). Why? because it's longer movement and it may be simmilar like jumping into a cross or decline to a cross (I hope you undestood me).

Squeeze you butt and legs at back lever and also in planche :arrow: it will give you some body thigtness-hardness to some degree.

Felipe

I am at similar level of strength in BL and Planche (no way for iron cross) so I would suggest you (I think I already did!) to build your FL and HS prior the cross...coach also suggested rings swings and planche on rings.

Gregor

You can work this together, he already have probably enough strength in muscles and joints to start to train iron cross.

In other words, FL and BL has nothing with iron cross in direct corelation. With FL and BL you build strength in joints and muscles, so do you with other exercises too.

Razz

Thanks for the response guys, I'm sure my joints are ready for cross, elbows have never been a problem for me. Full front lever is coming up soon. Rings planche is in progress and I work swings whenever possible (which on average is like once every 1-2 weeks :( )

HS is good, but rings HS free standing is still a work in progress although it is getting better.

Gregor: I can't squeeze my butt in the straddle position, I just don't feel it. My coach did give me an exercise for this though, so hopefully it will improve. Also do you think starting introductory maltese work would be beneficial for me, or should I build even more strength? I'm asking because I'm hoping for some carryover to planche but without training the planche since I'm already training that 3x week.

scottmo

Razz, I have to ask, what exercise did your coach advise to help you learn to squeeze your but during the straddle. thanks

Razz

Lay on my stommack with hands at weist (like planche but at maltese height), straddle my legs and push with arms while rounding my back and squeezing everything in my body (including glutes and legs)

scottmo

thanks

Gregor

You can do acsesorry exercises for maltese, if choosen correctly it may have some carry-over. Not yet to start training maltese although :lol:

Razz

Yeah just accessory for some variety and preparation :)

Daniel Jorgensen

For getting more "feel in squeezing glutes", have you tried kb swings?(russian style) Or good ol' back/half/glute bridge variations(single leg, pointed leg, straddle etc.)?

Razz

Totally forgot about glute bridges, I used to do them. Thanks for reminding me :D

Razz

pMcSFdwY5YY

feel free to comment :mrgreen: Going to film rings pushing work tomorrow.

yuri marmerstein

nice

you're getting those crosses down

Gregor

NICE!!!

Razz

Thanks a lot :mrgreen: just 5-10 more degrees :mrgreen:

Darius

Thats quite impressive. How long have you been working crosses?

junior

Really nice! How is your planche, and levers at this point?

Joshua Naterman

Definitely looking strong!

Nic Scheelings

Hey Razz

Nice work. Just out of interest sake it doesn't look like ur using false grip at all is that on purpose? I reckon if u get the false grip down u'll have no troubles but then maybe i just can't see in the video.

Anyway well done

Razz
Demus said:
Hey Razz

Nice work. Just out of interest sake it doesn't look like ur using false grip at all is that on purpose? I reckon if u get the false grip down u'll have no troubles but then maybe i just can't see in the video.

Anyway well done

Well I'm trying to use it but in the end it slips, guess I'll get it with time.

slizzardman said:
Definitely looking strong!

Thanks :D

junior said:
Really nice! How is your planche, and levers at this point?

Rings planche=shit

full back lever for somewhere between 10 and 20s on an all out attempt I'm guessing.

Straddle front lever about 5s

Parallettes planche straddle for 2-3s

Darius said:
Thats quite impressive. How long have you been working crosses?

Hmm I think it's about 4 months now but not exactly sure..somewhere between 3 and 5 months for sure :D

Razz

another vid, 2-3kgs of fat heavier after 2 weeks of upper body rest including 10 days of drunkness at the roskilde festival. posted in the link in my log.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2560&p=33516#p33501