In the Intro course the first movements that are suggested is the crab and ape. What if I can't even get into the proper position for those? Where do I start if I'm so stiff I can't do that? Thanks again,
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Starting Point - Level 0 :)
Started by Neil ODonnell, November 19, 2019 · 11 Replies · 235 Views
Hi Neil welcome to GB forum.
my first word regards where you must post on the forum. The premium content should be posted and discussed in the private forum.
M;y suggestion is filming yourself so that coaches can evaluate your personal deficits and teach you from where you can start.
Ok, so once I film how bad I am where do I post or send the video?
Thanks again!
ahahah not so bad as me when i bega, you can use the private forum section.
Thanks Alessandro,
Here is 2 pics of my starting point. My shoulders, hips, back, ankles...ok, everything is very tight and immobile. So, is there a modification that I should do or just do what I can even though my crab is not 90 degrees and my ape my heels are not on the floor, etc. Hell, my shoulders were not even straight out or straight down for the crab and my legs were maybe 45 degrees, not 90. Oh, well that's why I'm here is to get this fixed. Thanks again!
9 hours ago, Neil ODonnell said:Thanks Alessandro,
Here is 2 pics of my starting point. My shoulders, hips, back, ankles...ok, everything is very tight and immobile. So, is there a modification that I should do or just do what I can even though my crab is not 90 degrees and my ape my heels are not on the floor, etc. Hell, my shoulders were not even straight out or straight down for the crab and my legs were maybe 45 degrees, not 90. Oh, well that's why I'm here is to get this fixed. Thanks again!
Probably the restore series is more suitable for your level.
Ok, so not the Intro course but just restore to start with then?
Thanks again,
You can add them to your schedule. they are small following along with videos.
Similarly, I already know my Ape form is going to be terrible. As I work into this Fundamental, would it be better for progression to ape walk with:
- my heels off the ground and my butt lower
- My heels on the ground and my butt higher in the air (straighter legs)
I want to obviously get to the proper form but I'm dealing with tight hips and ankles, exasperated by a 10-yr-old ankle break that still has two screws in my left ankle.
Thank you!
P.S. - where's the private forum for posting video? I joined last week - maybe I'm still in the free 7-day trial?
When you access this website you should be able to see the GST course forum.
Quick question on posting etiquette: posting videos for review, should I begin a new topic? I don't want to glom on to @Neil ODonnell's post
Yes, use the name of the exercise you want to be evaluated in the label of the post...of course using the private section.