This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Schedule changes advice

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, November 18, 2019 · 9 Replies · 326 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

First of all, I am not sure in which subforum this thread should be in, sorry for sny inconvinience caused. I started at GBT with "coach recommended schedule", and I have been following it until today, with some changes because of lack of time to train. Today, while doing some research in schedule change advices, I noticed the button "Choose your plan", did not realize when that appeared. The thing is, I would like to know which plan would fit the best (level) to me with my current schedule:

Monday: Hip prehab + stretch middle split

Tuesday: stretch front split + foundation lower body

Wednesday: 7 min warm up + single arm shoulder mobility + foundation upper body( currently A2 push up, B7 negative pull up, C2 forearm plank with its mobility)

Tuesday: Daily limber + stretch thoracic bridge + handstand (headstand, plank press with its mobility)

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 7 min warm up + foundation core (A3 straddle hollow body hold , B9 stall bar reverse leg lift, C2 straddle up)

My training week starts on sunday, thats why it can seem weird. I have seen quite a lot of progress using this schedule, but I really like the idea of doubling foundation upper and core, but I would not like losing handstand course. Having this in mind, which plan level would you recommend me, and how to fit in it handstand course? Or any changes on the schedule I am currently following

Thanks!!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mario, it depends basically on when di you start your training with GST. if this schedule works there is no reason to change it.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hi again, the areas where I feel a slower progress are upper body progressions and handstand (stuck on headstand for a while, currently at 48s), so I have thought on changing my schedule to this one:

Day 1: warm up + upper body

Day 2: warm up + handstand + core

Day 3: hip prehab + middle split course

Day 4: warm up + handstand + upper body

Day 5: warm up + front split

Day 6: Thoracic bridge

Day 7: rest

Daily limber done after waking up on days 1,2,4,7. Is it a good amount of load or maybe it is too much? @Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Hi again, the areas where I feel a slower progress are upper body progressions and handstand (stuck on headstand for a while, currently at 48s), so I have thought on changing my schedule to this one:

Day 1: warm up + upper body

Day 2: warm up + handstand + core

Day 3: hip prehab + middle split course

Day 4: warm up + handstand + upper body

Day 5: warm up + front split

Day 6: Thoracic bridge

Day 7: rest

Daily limber done after waking up on days 1,2,4,7. Is it a good amount of load or maybe it is too much? @Alessandro Mainente

Twice a week is fine. you can consider using it for 1-2 weeks in order to pass some plateau then step back to once a week.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hello again,

I do sometimes daily limber after waking up because I like the feeling, but I train after work at evenings. When is better to do the daily limber in terms of progress, together with conditioning or separated from it?

Coach Sommer

Doesn’t matter in the slightest, purely a matter of personal preference.  If separating the two helps you to stay more consistent, than that is the way to go.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hello again! I have tried today weighted mobility routine snd I loved it, planing to add it to my current schedule, where do you think it fits the best?

Day 1: 7 min warm up + handstand + leg

Day 2: 7 min workup + upper body

Day 3: hip prehab + middle split

Day 4: 7 min warm up + thoracic bridge

Day 5: 7 min warm up + front split

Day 6: 7 min warm up + core

Day 7: rest

Also daily limber on non stretch series days.

Any other recomendation/changes on ny current schedule would be also appreciatted :D

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Hello again! I have tried today weighted mobility routine snd I loved it, planing to add it to my current schedule, where do you think it fits the best?

Day 1: 7 min warm up + handstand + leg

Day 2: 7 min workup + upper body

Day 3: hip prehab + middle split

Day 4: 7 min warm up + thoracic bridge

Day 5: 7 min warm up + front split

Day 6: 7 min warm up + core

Day 7: rest

Also daily limber on non stretch series days.

Any other recomendation/changes on ny current schedule would be also appreciatted :D

Hey Mario, the best feedback you can have on a new thing......it's trying it....after couple of weeks you will have a better view.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Could be training upper body the day after handstand affecting my performance in the upper body day?

I have felt quite sore in upper body days for the last 2-3 weeks as I am progressing in handstand exercises and increasing difficulty.

Push ups and ground rows are the ones where my progress has been slower compared to the others. Exercise in foundations

If that is the case, how should I reorganize my week? (Schedule is my last message above)

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Could be training upper body the day after handstand affecting my performance in the upper body day?

I have felt quite sore in upper body days for the last 2-3 weeks as I am progressing in handstand exercises and increasing difficulty.

Push ups and ground rows are the ones where my progress has been slower compared to the others. Exercise in foundations

If that is the case, how should I reorganize my week? (Schedule is my last message above)

It depends on your level on handstand, having 30'' hold for 5 times is different from having sets of headstands especially if the day after the plan has handstand push-up.

Everything should be adapted at the context, if you see that performance systematically drops down after heavy handstand sessions you can try to reverse the sequence of the days..but basically, you must try because i cannot predict the reactions of your body.