Finisher Conditioning Thoughts

Started by warfit, May 15, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,865 Views

warfit

I am currently training BtGB on a 4x per week on a 3x5. I am training M, Tu, Thur, Fri.

My conditioning is a bit poor right now and would like to add a finisher conditioning workout on each day. Does anyone follow this type of protocol - if yes - what type of finishers do you do?

Amebix138

You'll definetely want to do a short metcon, less then 10 minutes. A lower-body centric one might be best too since if your doing pure gymnastics your lower body volume probably isnt as significant as upper body volume. Maybe tabata cycling?

Blairbob

My finishers are typically HeS/HS Leglifts or reverse leg lifts of some kind. I do some hollow and arch holds and rolls. Sometimes, I do chicken dips (support on upper arm, go up and down like a dip). Sometimes, some HS wall runs. I find by the end, I can't work decent HS really.

Some wrist, shoulder mobility stuff, occasionally some walkovers or bridge wall walks.

kwarny

I use to finish with tabata cycling (7 min of it for college wrestling), rowing, burpees, and tabata sprints depending on my energy level.

Jason Stein
warfit said:
Does anyone follow this type of protocol - if yes - what type of finishers do you do?

Warfit,

Coach Sommer posts conditioning workouts on a cyclical schedule, though they have to be intelligently scaled to function as true conditioning and not maximal strength.

For short, often sub-10 minute gymnastic-related conditioning WODs, you might also try http://www.drillsandskills.com/wod/. Sometimes he posts 20-minute AMRAPs, but usually it's short circuits of gymnastic-related movements.

best,

jason