This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A2: push up form check

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, November 8, 2019 · 16 Replies · 270 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I always thought that I had a good form while doing push ups until I recorded myself today, and now I think I am not holding a good bodyline while doing the exercise. Also my progress on push ups is pretty slow compared to other exercises and I would like to see if I need any adjustment. Thanks!

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvb8880opgcitg4/VID_20191108_220605_213.mp4?dl=0

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mario, as you are thinking correctly the bodyline is not completely ok. You should increase protraction and also reduce the APT, in order to maximize good habits i suggest 1-2'' stop at the top of every rep.

Alessandro Mainente
24 minutes ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

yes, bodyline is the same as plank.

for your case....the form is good up to 15 seconds. i prefer...for you...seeing a 1 seconds plank at the top in between reps.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Its been a while, here is a new try at last set of 4x15. Is it enough protraction considering it the last set? ( not planning on moving to the next step yet) 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like the video is blocked because of background music. Could you try uploading again without the sound?

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

It looks like the video is blocked because of background music. Could you try uploading again without the sound?

Try again now please

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work! There's no need to try holding protraction throughout the entire push up, only at the top of each rep.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hello, I am currently at 4x15, and my numbers are 15 15 15 13 with one minute rest in between. When I reach 15 in each set, is it better to decrease the rest until no rest is done, or move on into 5x15 with rest and then decrease?

Alessandro Mainente

First option sir.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Moving up to final 15 reps (moved back as I did have too much resting time in between sets, no rest done now), want to make sure form is optimal. Begor GST traini g I would have never thought that push ups were this hard and tecnically demanding :D

 (Last set of 4x12, no rest)

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Moving up to final 15 reps (moved back as I did have too much resting time in between sets, no rest done now), want to make sure form is optimal. Begor GST traini g I would have never thought that push ups were this hard and tecnically demanding :D

 (Last set of 4x12, no rest)

 

Nothing to say more than "nicely done".

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Checking for mastery, 5th set

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work!

Wow. Took me almost two years to get through this one