This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Time-to-Front Lever?

Started by Aaron Gordon, November 6, 2019 · 3 Replies · 67 Views

Aaron Gordon

Hi Trainers,

 

Understanding that fundamentals are key, I'd like to ultimately work toward performing a front-lever (partially out of vanity partially due to what it implies functionally), in addition to generally becoming stronger and more mobile. 

I am 6'3" 215lbs former athlete with lots of experience olympic lifting/bodybuilding.  

Are there any specific courses I should be following,  path within GymnasticBodies, or other tips I should follow given my goals? Does it make sense to work through the normal Fundamentals Level 1 course?

 

Thanks,

-gz

Alessandro Mainente

hi Aaron, foundations course 1-4 contains all you need. nothing more is necessary.

Aaron Gordon

Thanks Alessandro, I’ve started training via Fundamentals. Is there a reasonable timeline I should be setting for myself to achieve a front lever? Any other specific tips you’d recommend? Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Aaron Gordon said:

Thanks Alessandro, I’ve started training via Fundamentals. Is there a reasonable timeline I should be setting for myself to achieve a front lever? Any other specific tips you’d recommend? Thanks!

There is no possibility to make long-time forecasts because there are too many factors about you that i do not know:

-weight;

-height;

-weight distribution;

-muscles distribution;

-number of fibers of the muscles involved;

-mobility deficits that can affect muscles engagement;

-etc...etc.

 

Trust me...if someone pretends to tell you HOW MUCH TIME YOU CAN NEED TO ACHIEVE A SKILL.....he/she is 100% liar.