OK I turned 50 this year. I have worked out since I was 12.
I am looking for suggestions on my body weight routine. I gave up weights about 4 years ago and went strictly to body weight exercises (that is all I use to do in college).
I do strength training and karate (been in karate since 21). Karate I do 5 days a week an hour each day.
2 days I do legs to maintain knee joints and stability mostly but throw some weight training in on the legs. I stretch, do mobility exercises and 20 - 30 minutes of foam rolling - actually I have progressed to rolling pins to keep knots out of the myofacial tissues and muscles.
2 days I do body weight exercises. I use to do 3 days but with karate it is just too much since I do shotokan and you have to use your entire body on each technique.
So.... here is my body weight routine:
MONDAY: 3 sets of 15 HSPUs on parallettes
3 sets of 30 pull ups
3 sets of 30 second static advanced tuck planche holds
3 sets of 5 - 5 second static front lever holds
THURSDAY: 3 sets of 15 HSPU's on parallettes
3 sets of 15 very wide pull ups
3 sets of 10 tucked planche push ups on parallettes
3 sets of 15 Stradle Front Lever Pull Ups
On my leg days I will do 3 sets of 25 V ups or other ab sets.
I go to a regular gym that does not have rings otherwise I would be doing ring work.
OK so how can I improve on my body weight routine - am I doing too many per set - should I add more variety etc..?
Thanks