This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A3 Straddle hollow body hold form check

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, November 4, 2019 · 8 Replies · 105 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Anyone?

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

I feel the progress on this exercise is really slow and maybe I am a bit stuck because of something I have to fix on my form, so, here it is: 

Side view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpxlkl54wnbob4r/VID_20191104_225148_207.mp4?dl=0

Front view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoo0smitha5jqg5/VID_20191104_225145_104.mp4?dl=0

Hi Mario, i have answered you couple of days ago...probably the answer was not saved.

well the problem is that the straddle is too closed...too closed means too much difference before the previous variation.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

So, narrower straddle means harder hold?

Alessandro Mainente

For sure, because the jump between tuck variation and straddle in terms of added leverage is too much. it is like passing from rings rows to one arm chin up.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hi again!, I am currently at 5x36 on PE, and it is being hard to overcome the plateau I reached. Today I tried to add some rest between reps, so I could do all 5 with 36 seconds as it follows: (36s+IM)+(36s+IM)+20s rest+(36s+IM)+20s rest+ (36s+IM)+25s rest+(36s+IM).

This way I have been able to do all reps with 36s but here is my question: Is better to decrease progressively this resting time to overcome the plateau, or should I do them at the pace of the follow along video and hold it as much as I can?

 

Thanks!

I will upload a form check also next week to make sure

Alessandro Mainente

Working at maximum every single time won't give you success because the brain does not respond well to exhaust training all the time. so go for the first option.