This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff leg windmill issues

Started by Dean Vrecko, November 3, 2019 · 4 Replies · 159 Views

Dean Vrecko

Hi Guys, I have a pretty bad lef t shoulder that has been impingement and ongoing now for 8 months. I'm essentially unable to do the stiff leg windmill on that side, even unweighted. Many parts of me are certainly still tight, but I can do it on my right so I know the shoulder is the issue. WHen I go to bend down I feel pain over my ant-lateral delt, which is also where I feel and hear movement within  my shoulder. It all comes together. My should is then pain ful for the next day in that region (not a good type of pain). I've bee trying to do shoulder and scapular restore, but it hasn't madea  difference. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on how to modify then eventually move through and pass this exercise? I can upload a video if it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Dean , i'm now new to this situation.

well since there is till an impingement for 8 months (this is a really really tons of time) my first question is if you have already had a check with a PT in order to understand WHY an impingement occurs.

Leon Clough

I’m not sure what country you are in, but in the states I would recommend that you go see your doctor at least for an MRI, maybe even directly to a specialist (orthopedic surgeon). 

Dean Vrecko

I'm assuming the impingement is due partly to my rock climbing in combination with up poor posture/sloped shoulders (which I'm trying to address with scapular exercises). I don't know what an orthopod would add. As for a PT, I think I'm doing the exercises they recommend for anterior impingement. I'll arrange to see a PT though as I'm pretty frustrated with this injury. I assume I can't really progress to foundation one (from intro) with this limitation. Is that correct?

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Dean Vrecko said:

I'm assuming the impingement is due partly to my rock climbing in combination with up poor posture/sloped shoulders (which I'm trying to address with scapular exercises). I don't know what an orthopod would add. As for a PT, I think I'm doing the exercises they recommend for anterior impingement. I'll arrange to see a PT though as I'm pretty frustrated with this injury. I assume I can't really progress to foundation one (from intro) with this limitation. Is that correct?

Maybe you can progress but probably the injury will get worse. solve it.