This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE4 + iM

Started by James O'Boyle, October 28, 2019 · 24 Replies · 172 Views

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro!  I'm just getting started on sPL PE4.  How does it look?

 

PE Side View:

PE Front View:

iM:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey James, i think that the only one thing that should be improved is your straddle.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Thanks!  Sounds good, I will continue to work on it.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro!  Am I doing any better on sPL4 iM?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

hEY james, only for my curiosity...how is your frog stretch?

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Great question!  My frog has improved a lot since I started GB but I still have a way to go.  Here's my current form--how does it look?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Ok...now only for my curiosity...do it with one knee completely extended to the side....do you feel restriction?

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Here's what it looks like with one knee extended--it feels very tight!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Consider that probably with 2 legs extended you can reach barely 100° of amplitude passively! now consider that your active straddle is 30% less of your passive range of motion. now you can understand why you are having so many troubles with the PE IM.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Yes, this iM is definitely hard for me!  Would you recommend a daily frog stretch?  And, what is the ideal angle for a straddle hold?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

the straddle hold is 90° of the straddle. probably if you feel more restriction on the frog variation with one leg extended you should include it in one of your training day,

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Gotcha, will do!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I'm still working on this iM... Is the straddle still too narrow?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I'm still working on this iM... Is the straddle still too narrow?

Thanks,

James

More symmetrical and clean , nice work.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Awesome, thanks!  I'm on the last step of this PE and it feels solid.  Can I move on to sPL PE5?

Side View:

Front View:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Awesome, thanks!  I'm on the last step of this PE and it feels solid.  Can I move on to sPL PE5?

Side View:

Front View:

Thanks,

James

Hi James, this is a good starting point BUT keep your heels closers and work in the 15-19 seconds range...after there is a difference in the protraction compared to the beginning of the set.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Got it, I'll scale it back and continue to work on it.  Thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I'm just getting back into this PE after my wrist injury.  I've scaled it back to 12sec.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I'm just getting back into this PE after my wrist injury.  I've scaled it back to 12sec.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

HI James, the side view is ok. but i need a front view to check for the most common possible errors.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here's a front view.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

awesome James. I have to admit that this is the exercise where my students struggle a bit in the beginning....but you no!!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Awesome, good to hear!  I'll increase the time and see what happens. 

Thanks!,
James

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I'm on the last step of this progression.  Here is 30sec@ of sPL PE4.  How does it look?

 

Side View:

Front View:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I'm on the last step of this progression.  Here is 30sec@ of sPL PE4.  How does it look?

 

Side View:

Front View:

Thanks,

James

Nice work James....now only if you want a superior core work...do it with legs together. not necessary for progressing.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Sounds good!  I'll try and progress to feet together on this one and keep it as my warm up.  :)