Hello everyone, my name's Tyler and I'm new to this forum. I've been reading over quite a bit of this material and I've been very excited about everything I've learned so far - it's already made a difference in my training. I train in gymnastics informally on my own time (meaning without a gymnasium), working a lot of static strength holds on the floor and doing strength training on my pair of gymnast rings, and I'm also learning movement skills (ie flips) from a tumbler friend of mine. I do other stuff too, such as rock climbing, swimming, and martial arts, but far and away gymnastics is the most fun and I'm glad to be learning it. So I'm also saying thanks for providing this platform to share all of this information with otherwise clueless enthusiasts. ![]()
Okay enough gushing about me, as I do have a question about something I've been struggling with: The Back Walkover, specifically kicking up from a bridge to a handstand - I have the flexibility to go from standing to a bridge without too much trouble. My understanding is that, from a bridge, I'm supposed to kick my legs up one after the other while leaning more onto my hands while in the bridge. I don't think it's a flexibility issue, since my hips and shoulders are quite flexible. I just can't seem to push off my legs hard enough to initiate the kick-over. I've practiced pushing off walls, but I don't seem to be progressing at all. Do I just need to try more consistently? I kinda train it on and off so I may just need to train it more. I can even do a front walkover the whole way through (though the form could use work...). So any tips you guys could give me would help a lot, since everything else for the time being I think I should be fine on my own (for now
). Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place; again, new here.
Thank you!