Press Handstand leans

Started by Christopher Bassett 264228, October 25, 2019 · 2 Replies · 1,956 Views

Christopher Bassett 264228

Hello

In regards to handstand press walks / leans, I cant get feet off floor or get onto the tips of toes yet as I have just started but my heels are up off the floor and I am pushing into the ground like hell. Not an easy movement and feels like I will fall over. I am doing straddle leg lifts for compression improvement separately. 

Is it fine when starting these to just get as high on your feet as much as possible even if not much lift and it will improve with more compression strength and time or should I rather just focus on straddle leg lifts until I can at least get toes off floor?

Coach Sommer

Good morning, Christopher

Just getting your feet as high as possible at first is fine.  Can’t do better than your best!  Feel free to also use your toes for assistance and then gradually reduce the assistance over time.

Completely natural to feel as though you are going to fall forward; especially as you still lack significant middle and lower trap strength at this point.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Christopher Bassett 264228

 

21 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Good morning, Christopher

Just getting your feet as high as possible at first is fine.  Can’t do better than your best!  Feel free to also use your toes for assistance and then gradually reduce the assistance over time.

Completely natural to feel as though you are going to fall forward; especially as you still lack significant middle and lower trap strength at this point.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Great stuff, thank you Coach :)