This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check | PPT

Started by Aaron Altamura, October 24, 2019 · 4 Replies · 59 Views

Aaron Altamura

Hello,

Although I can do 5x10 PPT and proper dips, I doubled back to PPT after not being able to do Bent Arm Half Straddle Hold and reading on the forum a coach's recommendation to double back to PPT: https://photos.app.goo.gl/C3ea2S9h1GVgD4um7

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Aaron, I'm not surprised that you cannot do the bent arms half straddle planche.

These pushup have nothing to do with pseudo planche pushup:

-alignment is bad;

-tempo is too fast;

-there is no enough lean;

-too much weight on the feet;

-protraction at the top is non-existent.

I would consider this form very very far from the course execution.

Aaron Altamura

Hi Alessandro,

So tell me what you really think? haha

Really good to know though! Glad I posted.

Since there's a lot to fix here, should I go back an exercise or what should I focus on initially?

Aaron Altamura

Your feedback makes me want to do a 1,000 pushups a day, as I think this is holding me back quite a bit. However, I don't think that would be the best approach.

I'd like to pick up the pace quite a bit in this area so I can eliminate the weakness. Any suggestions on how?

Thank you again!

Alessandro Mainente

The idea of doing 1000 pushups in a day is not good if 1 rep on 1000 is the only one that is good.

The only solution is building technique, something that should be strongly revisited here. and i suggest you to use the form check forum for the HBP and post your form for evaluation.