This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Change in Weekly Schedule

Started by James O'Boyle, October 23, 2019 · 4 Replies · 212 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

This is my current weekly schedule:

Monday - Upper Body

Tuesday - Lower Body, Core, Handstand

Wednesday - TB Series

Thursday - Upper Body, MS Series

Friday - Lower Body, Core, Handstand

Saturday - Movement

Sunday - FS Series

 

I'm concerned about overtraining, and I am considering reducing my workload to once/week on the 'strength' components.  My new schedule would look like this:

Monday - Upper Body

Tuesday - Lower Body, Core

Wednesday - TB Series

Thursday - MS Series

Friday - Handstand

Saturday - Movement

Sunday - FS Series

 

As I get older (I'm 37) I'm finding that recovery takes longer and I've had some issues with old injuries flaring up.  I'm hoping that a once/week schedule will help me with recovery and focus, and also allow me the time to add in extra work on specific elements if I need to.

What do you think?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

HI James, personally i would take of movement and schedule as follows:

Monday - Upper Body and  TB Series

Tuesday - Lower Body, Core, Handstand

Wednesday - REST

Thursday - Upper Body, MS Series

Friday - Lower Body, Core, Handstand

Saturday - FS Series

Sunday -REST

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  And what if we factor in 1-2 days of climbing (bouldering) as well?

Alessandro Mainente

Not in the rest days. you are already doing a lot of things if you want to add upper bodywork you need more recovery.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Got it.  I would climb on FS day or on the same day as Upper Body.  Either way I will try to get two full rest days in per week.

Thanks,

James