This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Single Arm Plank

Started by Geonho Lee, October 23, 2019 · 9 Replies · 126 Views

Geonho Lee

Check please! What’s the appropriate distance between the feets? Shoulders width?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Overall you're doing a fairly good job. I recommend spending some more time on this one to minimize the swaying and shaking during your static hold. Keep up the good work, Geonho!

Geonho Lee

How about this?? @Jeffrey Bittner

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you're heading in the right direction, Geonho. Can you also post a side view of your iM?

Geonho Lee
On 10/29/2019 at 2:22 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

It looks like you're heading in the right direction, Geonho. Can you also post a side view of your iM?

This is the side view. Thank you so much

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Thanks for posting a side view, Geonho! As you do this exercise, and your other variations, be careful not to let your pelvis tilt anteriorly. APT gives the impression that you are elevating your feet completely, but is incorrect. Try to focus on elevating your feet using your hip extensors while keeping your pelvis in a neutral position. You're super close! I little bit more refinement and you'll be ready to move on!

Geonho Lee
On 10/31/2019 at 2:42 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Thanks for posting a side view, Geonho! As you do this exercise, and your other variations, be careful not to let your pelvis tilt anteriorly. APT gives the impression that you are elevating your feet completely, but is incorrect. Try to focus on elevating your feet using your hip extensors while keeping your pelvis in a neutral position. You're super close! I little bit more refinement and you'll be ready to move on!

I really appreciate it! I’ve never recognize it... Your advice is definately going to be helpful. thank you so much!!

and I’ll come back with the corrected form:)

Geonho Lee
On 10/31/2019 at 2:42 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Thanks for posting a side view, Geonho! As you do this exercise, and your other variations, be careful not to let your pelvis tilt anteriorly. APT gives the impression that you are elevating your feet completely, but is incorrect. Try to focus on elevating your feet using your hip extensors while keeping your pelvis in a neutral position. You're super close! I little bit more refinement and you'll be ready to move on!

What about this?? Check please!!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, Geonho!

Geonho Lee
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice improvement, Geonho!

Thank you so much. You know, I might not’ve done that without your really good advice:)