Dreams of an Iron Cross...

Started by Longshanks, May 13, 2010 · 11 Replies · 3,338 Views

Longshanks

I actually had a dream last night about having a go on proper rings like the pro's use with the big stands. Pulled a perfect muscle up, dropped down to an iron cross, then somehow moved forward to a planche.... I cant decide whether I'm really sad or am just think about training a bit too much. I'm bloody light years off even a lever by the way. lol

Amebix138

I've had dreams about muscle-ups too. I've also done lots of pull ups, dips, and single leg squats in my dreams. There always effortless. I actually wondered awhile ago if you train in your sleep while dreaming does it improve neuromuscular coordination?

Sternford

Ha! Last night I dreamed many a gymnastic feat that I somewhat forget now. One though was doing a pull-over on a tree branch. I've been wondering if I could do that but cannot find trees

wingspan

I know the feeling mate.

SLS are so easy, then the alarm goes.....

Nick Van Bockxmeer

yeah I had a dream once where i was pleasantly surprised at how easy cross was. I was thinking "why havent i tried this before I'm killing it".

whitemonkey

hahaha! that is awesome. I sometimes dream that i can do endless muscle-ups, then i wake up and get depressed because i'm not that strong.........yet :D

Cole Dano

Wow this is really interesting, i had idea so many of us have had that experience. I was also just dreaming of doing effortless muscle ups.

In my boarding days i'd have dreams doing of huge airs which was always tons of fun. But the muscle up dream felt SO real, its going to happen!.

Longshanks

HAHA. So I'm definitley not the only one then! Yea its shocking how easy they are in your dreams... then reality hits like a right hook from Tyson!

Seiji

I haven't had a dream related to gymnastics D:

In fact, I don't dream more than once or twice a month anyways. No wonder lol

Erik Sjolin

Same deal here. They always seem so easy when you're dreaming, then you go off to train all inspired and whatnot, and a sack of doorknobs called reality smacks you in the gob.

Ah well, when I finally do get some of the harder elements (probably won't be for at least five years of solid training, and that's a minimum estimate), it'd be all the more astonishing to me cuz I'm so freaking tall and lanky.

Longshanks
Erik said:
Ah well, when I finally do get some of the harder elements (probably won't be for at least five years of solid training, and that's a minimum estimate), it'd be all the more astonishing to me cuz I'm so freaking tall and lanky.

Same here bud, at 6'5 I'm sure me and you will probably be in a very select few in the world who can pull off feat like levers or iron cross at our size. When we finally get there that is (in god knows how many years time). Best of luck mate anyway. Ill race ya... lol

Erik Sjolin
Longshanks said:
Same here bud, at 6'5 I'm sure me and you will probably be in a very select few in the world who can pull off feat like levers or iron cross at our size. When we finally get there that is (in god knows how many years time). Best of luck mate anyway. Ill race ya... lol

Heh heh, you got yourself a challenge, buddy. ^^