Chlorophyllin vs Chlorophyl

Started by Jay Guindon, May 13, 2010 · 0 Replies · 2,823 Views

Jay Guindon

Heard that chlorophyllin is highly anti-mutagenic and that it has been shown to greatly supress cancer growth and development. I can’t find the studies now but one in particular showed an impressive reduction in liver cancer rates in Chinese. Chlorophyllin is semi-synthetic version of chlorophyll, or so I’ve read. Given this, would chlorophyl have the same effects? I have found information that 1 ounce of spinach contains 300mg of chlorophyl and the recommended dosage of chlorophyllin is 100mg before every meal.

If chlorophyl is equally as effective at reducing cancer as chlorophyllin than 1 ounce of spinach before each meal, say as a salad, would give you 900mg of chlorophyl per day, which would be 3x more anti-cancer action than chlorophyllin as a supplement.

I am right in my thinking or is there a significant difference between chlorophyl from plants and chlorophyllin as a supplement?