This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Backward Straddle Roll

Started by Geonho Lee, October 13, 2019 · 5 Replies · 46 Views

Geonho Lee

I tend to lean my right leg to the right while I’m rolling backward... what’s the problem?? 

 

Geonho Lee
On 10/13/2019 at 12:21 PM, Geonho Lee said:

I tend to lean my right leg to the right while I’m rolling backward... what’s the problem?? 

 

@Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente What’s my problem..?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Goenho,

It looks like you're rolling off to one side to protect your spine from getting bruised on the ground. I recommend doing your rolling exercises on a more padded surface. As you enter into your roll, push your hips straight back behind you.

Alessandro Mainente

Notice also that you are doing the movement asymmetrically, every time you begin a roll your right knee is bending.

Geonho Lee
On 10/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hey Goenho,

It looks like you're rolling off to one side to protect your spine from getting bruised on the ground. I recommend doing your rolling exercises on a more padded surface. As you enter into your roll, push your hips straight back behind you.

@Alessandro Mainente

I want to perform this movement without asymmetric form.. how about this?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now the first part is perfect...now keep your knees locked out when you begin to roll on the upper back.