Hi everyone, I wonder if at some point in life the gymnast has to eat to gain weight or hypertrophy is possible without gaining weight. I know it varies according to each person because of nutrition and body composition etc., but I doubt it, because if I gain strength, obviously gain muscle, right? If I gain muscle I necessarily gain weight? I have to eat more to gain strength or not? Or just keep my weight with good eating habits?
nutrition of gymnast
Started by Rafael David, May 12, 2010 · 6 Replies · 4,036 Views
In an already lean gymnast, hypertrophy will occur with little to no fat gain, so yes, hypertrophy will occur with weight gain.
If you gain strength, it does not mean you have gained muscle. Strength is a also affected by the nervous system which can increase strength without hypertrophy.
You do not have to eat in excess of maintenance calories to gain strength.
So that superhuman strength which has gymnasts is mainly the result of your training and not so much of their nutrition?
Yes, maybe not in olympic gymnastics, but for coach sommers' kids it is pure training
hmm is explained ..
Razz said:Yes, maybe not in olympic gymnastics, but for coach sommers' kids it is pure training
But it could be better with all proper food supplementation and supplement supplementation. There is always a room to get one more %.
Yes, definately :!: