This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cat stretch, apt, ppt, or both?

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, October 8, 2019 · 5 Replies · 93 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hi Coaches,

I apologize if you already addressed this in the forum but could not find anything

the form videos and technique tip vid show cat stretch with either neutral or apt pelvic position.

is that better for bridge development than ppt? Or I should work both apt and ppt?

I think cat stretch with ppt should stretch more the thoracic spine right?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Felipe, it is the opposite. PPT stretches more the lats that is the major limiting factor for the shoulder flexion. APT increases the lumbar extension making the all spine extension easier.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Got it now thanks Alex

Johannes Walser

ähhhh, shall we maintain ATP or PPT then?^^ 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

PPT! Apt will make it easier for you to get close to the floor shift some of the bending to the lower back. It wont hurt you, but I guess more efficient to do ppt

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Felipe Garcia Rosa said:

PPT! Apt will make it easier for you to get close to the floor shift some of the bending to the lower back. It wont hurt you, but I guess more efficient to do ppt

This is not correct and this is not what i have said.

if you read carefully my words i have said that "APT increases the lumbar extension making the all spine extension easier". 

this means that is not possible to do the bridge without extending all the spine, comprising the lumbar part.

this is completely different from saying "APT moves the stretch over the lumbar spine" that is what you are saying.

Forgive me if i'm meticulous but suggestions should be carefully written in the forum especially if you are talking about things that you are learning.