I think I heard coach Sommer mention once that the more flexible one is the stronger you can potentially be. can you guys elaborate more on this subject? I have personally noticed that being flexible can help me withstand more pain specially during long and intense periods of training. the movements come out easier and there is an overall sense of effortlessness.
Flexibility can make you stronger
Started by Jorge Murguido 251702, October 1, 2019 · 1 Replies · 1,999 Views
Hi Jorge, the concept it is by far more complex than what we can say in a few words. I'll to give you some inputs and then you can do some research on your own:
-stretching increase the number of sarcomeres in series and since they are the unit of muscles contraction this means potentially stronger muscles;
-strength is proportional to the resting length. the longer the resting length the higher, potentially, the possibility to develop strength;
-depending on the type of stretching technique you can build up strength at the end of the range of motion, this will give you more joint control.
-strengthing makes the direction of force exertion perfect, the exercise becomes easier and more efficient.
Ideas are few...concept behind are tons.