This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson Curl

Started by Nick Goddard, September 27, 2019 · 5 Replies · 67 Views

Nick Goddard

Please could you offer some tips or cues to help me get a more rounded and compressed JC? 
 

Or will that come as I improve the thoracic bridge stretch class?

I’m currently using 8kg but feel I could use probably double that weight. Should I be looking to go heavier at my current level?

 

thanks a lot,

nick

Nick Goddard

Also, the lumbar spine seems to be most stIff in my example. Would you agree?

This week I used a 12kg for 5X5 paired with straddle ups. The extra weight seemed to compress me more at the top of the move.

 

thanks,

nick

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/27/2019 at 11:42 PM, Nick Goddard said:

Please could you offer some tips or cues to help me get a more rounded and compressed JC? 
 

Or will that come as I improve the thoracic bridge stretch class?

I’m currently using 8kg but feel I could use probably double that weight. Should I be looking to go heavier at my current level?

 

thanks a lot,

nick

Are you doing also the front split stretch course?

Nick Goddard

Yes and the middle split. All three once per week. I feel like I’ve made good progress in just under a year. 
 

Are you thinking for the lumbar area?

Alessandro Mainente

How is your form on a general pike? because you can move deep here BUT moving deep and compressing are 2 different worlds.

Nick Goddard

So having getting flat in a pike doesn’t necessarily translate to a compressed/curled Jefferson curl.

Would you recommend  that I steadily keep adding weight to my Jefferson curl to improve my compression?

And for background info; I’ve been doing the JC for almost a year with lower weight. 2kg up to 12kg most recently.

37F31A15-9728-42AF-8D79-2BB57CEEE047.thumb.png.65992817ee3425e9c447d3a7ec509861.png

 

thanks,

nick