This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

phs/pe6

Started by Vanessa Hunt, September 18, 2019 · 10 Replies · 134 Views

Vanessa Hunt

hello coaches this is my first session on this progression. How is my form and am i hitting the height requirement ok?  

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're off to a good start, Vanessa. try to curl your spine more as you press up similar to a Jefferson curl. This will help you to keep your shoulders stacked directly over top of your hands. Remember to keep your toes pointed as well. Keep up the great work!

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Im revisiting this progression. I feel I've been stuck here for sometime - any help to increase reps full rom would be appreciated I'm at 5x3.

Also last feedback was about trying to point toes. I've tried very hard to rectify but to be honest I'm scared to point as it feels less stable to me. I've got no padding around me and don't want to fall. Is it ok to keep current form just to feel safer? 

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Im revisiting this progression. I feel I've been stuck here for sometime - any help to increase reps full rom would be appreciated I'm at 5x3.

Also last feedback was about trying to point toes. I've tried very hard to rectify but to be honest I'm scared to point as it feels less stable to me. I've got no padding around me and don't want to fall. Is it ok to keep current form just to feel safer? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

As you press, try to curl your spine up to your half press position. This action is similar to a Jefferson curl. Remember to keep your head in (ears by your shoulders) while fully depressing your shoulders. Pushing down stronger in the shoulders, keeping your head in, and curling your spine will help you to hit a more stable position which might help you to feel more comfortable having your toes pointed.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

I worked on curling the spine a bit more in this session. The feet are a work in progress.  

I just wanted to double check something re feedback about depressing shoulders in this movement.....on the gymnastics bodies website it has a video about the vertical press and it reads -

5. As you press, keep your elbows straight and strongly elevate and protract your shoulder blades.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/exercises/vertical-press-to-shins/

Can you clarify for me what is the best approach?  

 

Many thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, Vanessa! You're headed in the right direction. Great question! At the beginning of your press your shoulders should be depressed, as you press up moving into greater shoulder flexion, the shoulders will elevate towards the ears. Keep thinking about pressing down into the floor and your shoulders will naturally make the transition.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Jeffrey that makes sense to me now.

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Last set 5x5. Feedback please and is ok mastery?

 

Alessandro Mainente
57 minutes ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello

Last set 5x5. Feedback please and is ok mastery?

 

damn this inverted pancake....nice work!

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks. 5 years worth of effort right there....