This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A3: Pseudo Planche Pushup

Started by Barry Thorn, September 11, 2019 · 7 Replies · 169 Views

Barry Thorn

Hi coaches

Could you please give me some pointers on my pseudo planche pushups.  To my regret, I have only really started using the form check 18 months into doing the Foundations courses - it certainly shows up deficiencies!  Anyway, feedback is very welcome.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazHhYlUs3idLW8K3k

Thanks

Barry

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Barry, remember to hold a strong posterior pelvic tilt (PPT) as you do this one. In addition, keep trying to protract your scapula while maintaining a straight spine. Currently you are picking up too much hollow as you lower into your push up.

Barry Thorn

Hi Jeffrey

Thanks alot.  I think I find it hard to strike a balance between holding PPT and not piking at the hips.  I'll work on it.

 

Thanks

Barry

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Hi Jeffrey

Is this getting any closer?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKazQA5uf_F5qKB09J1

Thanks!

Barry

 

If you stop at 19 seconds you can see that the top position is a normal straight arms plank. this means that no lean is used during the reps.

Barry Thorn

Thanks - I find this so hard!

 

 

Coach Sommer
8 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:

Thanks - I find this so hard!

 

 

That’s because they are hard to do well! ;)

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Nick Murray

You can regress these a little by getting into the top or bottom position of a PPP and staying there for 30s to a minute. No, not easy. And remember to breathe!

Once you've built up some endurance, add movement.