This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standards for mastery

Started by Riccardo Zanello, September 9, 2019 · 5 Replies · 206 Views

Riccardo Zanello

Hello

what is the standard for mastery?

If I can execute with good form all sets with max reps, but if the last sets do feel extremely hard (the muscle belly fires), shall I move one level up?

Or is mastery be achieved only when all the sets come quite easily?

 

thank you all

Riccardo 

 

Kristiyan Donchev

I think that if something costs you too much time to get to "perfect" mastery and if you don't really enjoy or want to train that, then it's not worth it.

Matthew Walker

Sounds like you may have mastered whatever you were doing. If you're questioning yourself about it why not keep doing it for another few sessions until you are 100% confident you have mastered that element? The worst thing that can happen is you're stronger and more prepared for the next progressions.

If you want a concrete answer I'd post a form check and the coaches will tell you if they think you have in fact mastered the movement. 

Riccardo Zanello
1 hour ago, Matthew Walker said:

Sounds like you may have mastered whatever you were doing. If you're questioning yourself about it why not keep doing it for another few sessions until you are 100% confident you have mastered that element? The worst thing that can happen is you're stronger and more prepared for the next progressions.

If you want a concrete answer I'd post a form check and the coaches will tell you if they think you have in fact mastered the movement. 

Thank you

 

That's the approach I am following

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, Riccardo Zanello said:

Hello

what is the standard for mastery?

If I can execute with good form all sets with max reps, but if the last sets do feel extremely hard (the muscle belly fires), shall I move one level up?

Or is mastery be achieved only when all the sets come quite easily?

 

thank you all

Riccardo 

 

All the sets should be done easily.

Riccardo Zanello
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

All the sets should be done easily.

Go it thanks