This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reps for Cossack Squat and Twisting Squats

Started by Leigh Cambre, September 1, 2019 · 6 Replies · 126 Views

Leigh Cambre

I'm not clear what a full rep is on either of my leg workouts. My current leg workout:

A6: Cossack Squat Step 1/9: 3x2r - Is one rep consist of one left squat + one right squat?

A6: Twisting Squats Step 1/9: 3x5r@ - Is one rep sit > spin > sit > spin the other way > sit? Or is that 2 reps? Does the @ symbol here mean something?

Thanks!

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Leigh, reps are always on each side.

Leigh Cambre

I think I understand what you're saying? So, to confirm:

2 reps of cossack squat is:

  • One squat on the left
  • One squat on the right

5 reps of twisting squat is:

  • (for example) right leg over left, then twist up and spin to left leg over right.
  • left leg over right, then twist up and spin to right leg over left.
  • right leg over left, then twist up and spin to left leg over right.
  • left leg over right, then twist up and spin to right leg over left.
  • right leg over left, then twist up and spin to left leg over right.

What does the @ symbol mean?

Alessandro Mainente

For the mobility the @ means each side. 

And for PE I correct myself is one rep each side.

Leigh Cambre

Haha, well then I'm glad I clarified!

 To summarize:

1 reps of cossack squat is:

  • One squat on the left and one squat on the right

1 rep of twisting squat is:

  • right leg over left, then twist up and spin to left leg over right, followed by left leg over right, then twist up and spin to right leg over left.

Yes?

Alessandro Mainente

yes for both.

Leigh Cambre

Thanks so much!