This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2

Started by Nitzan Ravhon, August 25, 2019 · 8 Replies · 96 Views

Nitzan Ravhon

https://youtu.be/5V2D7RGPlPs

I've been hitting a wall for my pushups, so I've decided to dial back on the volume and focus on my form.

Looking at my video, It seems to me that my body is pretty much aligned, however I should keep a better posterior pelvic during the descend.

Any other comments?

Cheers, 

Nitzan

Alessandro Mainente

hey Nitzan, you did right posting the form. we have 2 major mistakes:

-starting position: more protraction and PPT;

-bottom position: you are a rigid unit BUT you are not reaching the floor at the same time with all the body parts, hips and quads never reach the floor. this is a sign of lack f posterior pelvic tilt. in your case think about turn the pelvic part and push it closer to the floor (open your hips).

Nitzan Ravhon

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the great feedback, I'll keep working at it and repost as soon as I've got it right :)

Quick question: I'm finding that the 'best' way for me to get into a better position is by starting at the bottom position and lifting myself into the top position (obviously not counting this as a rep). Is that a legit method? or is there a better way of getting into the correct posture?

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nitzan Ravhon said:

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the great feedback, I'll keep working at it and repost as soon as I've got it right :)

Quick question: I'm finding that the 'best' way for me to get into a better position is by starting at the bottom position and lifting myself into the top position (obviously not counting this as a rep). Is that a legit method? or is there a better way of getting into the correct posture?

Cheers!

I prefer you starting from a normal plank position. it is a matter of replicating a correct position that you will also train on sPL progression.

Nitzan Ravhon

Hi Alessandro,

Here is my attempt at implementing your feedback:

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now the range of motion is ok BUT you can notice that you lose the protraction exactly after the beginning of the reps, i understand the necessity of modifying a bit the spine alignment at the BOTTOM but NOT after beginning every reps. you are allowed to modify it a bit only at the bottom. stay protracted a bit hollowed during the reps.

Nitzan Ravhon

Hi Alessandro,

Again, thanks for your feedback.

How is that? Upon watching this I can see that some reps are better than others, but on the whole is it OK?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, Nitzan Ravhon said:

Hi Alessandro,

Again, thanks for your feedback.

How is that? Upon watching this I can see that some reps are better than others, but on the whole is it OK?

 

I have learned something very interesting from Coach Sommer that instructed me to not accepting "average quality". so in your case is ok that some reps are better than other...so the set is almost perfect. now "almost" is not perfect! keep working.

Nitzan Ravhon

Will do!