This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check - should I even attempt bridge?

Started by Kevin Marcotte, August 18, 2019 · 2 Replies · 102 Views

Kevin Marcotte

Hi,

I only have the photo attached of my elevated bridge. I realize I have very poor thorasic & shoulder mobility so definitely need to keep working on this. My question is: should I continue to do the elevated bridges given my ROM? I see the break at my low back so wondering if perhaps I shouldn’t even attempt these yet.

Should I be doing other things instead or in addition to the stretch video?

Thank you.

09303A4D-1AB1-4589-AFF1-EC53FEC07AF5.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

HI kevin, actually you should focus more on the cat variations. you can do them 2-3 times a week. The first goal is restoring the upper arm range of motion because here you can see that it is limited (also with the hands a bit far one from the other one). when you can see that the angle between arm and upper body is closer to 180° you can insert more elevated bridgework.

Kevin Marcotte
On 8/19/2019 at 4:44 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI kevin, actually you should focus more on the cat variations. you can do them 2-3 times a week. The first goal is restoring the upper arm range of motion because here you can see that it is limited (also with the hands a bit far one from the other one). when you can see that the angle between arm and upper body is closer to 180° you can insert more elevated bridgework.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look to incorporate.