This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE4

Started by James O'Boyle, August 17, 2019 · 19 Replies · 114 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

This is my first go at SL PE4.  Is it okay to use the back extension machine at my gym for these?  How is the ROM, considering my spinal fusion?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey James, i think you can put the under the higher roller.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Will do.  Thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here it is again with my feet on the highest roller (they're cut off in the foreground of the video but you can see them in the mirror).  Anything else I need to correct here?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey James, the feet position is ok, now the second point is that the range of motion is not complete. is there the possibility to move the feet closer to the hips support? i still prefer that you begin the extension from a relaxed position with the body vertical to the ground.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente I see what you mean.  Yes, I can move the foot support closer to the hip support so my torso hangs fully off the front of the equipment.  I'll try that and send another video.  Thank you!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Here you go!  Do I need to move forward even more or is this sufficient?  Is the ROM okay considering my spinal fusion?


Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

you need to reach as high as possible. i think that you can easily reach the 200° of hips extension.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Right now it looks like I'm barely past 180.  I can extend further without load (i.e. simply standing up and leaning back), so I'm sure I can improve.  I will work on it!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--I think this is actually getting a little better.  What do you think?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

HI James, since your rom is limited due to the spinal fusion i'm gonna ask you to stop 1'' in the peak contraction.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Will do!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente I tried to pause at the top of each rep today.  Surprisingly very difficult.  Is this a sufficient pause?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

count 1001 "onethousandone".

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro, here's an update on this PE.    How does it look with the 1 second pause?

 

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Much better!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Awesome, thank you!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--this is the 5th set of 10 on PE4 and it felt solid.  Can I move on to PE5?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, unfortunately no. you need to step back at a range of reps where you can show the same range of motion, below you can see the difference from first to last rep.

james.png

 

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Got it, I'll keep working on it!