This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it okay to delete the previous exercise?

Started by Geonho Lee, August 17, 2019 · 20 Replies · 358 Views

Geonho Lee

I mean I’ve finished C1, but I was just wondering.. If I should do simultaneously that two exercises or remove the one before.

A2336674-A1F2-4539-AAE4-DC1CC0375200.png

Alessandro Mainente

The first 2 exercises are your warmup.

Geonho Lee
18 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:The first 2 exercises are your warmup.

Really?? C1, C2? if not, C1 and its im?

Does All of programs such as Core and Mobility as well follow the rule?

If I’m in A4or B4, or C4 I should do A1,2 (or B1,2 or C1,2) for warm up?

 

Alessandro Mainente

PE and it's paired IM.

all the foundations and handstand program follow the same rule.

You do the LAST exercise of a progression like planche, front lever etc ( that you have mastered ) as a warmup.

Josh Earl
14 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

PE and it's paired IM.

all the foundations and handstand program follow the same rule.

You do the LAST exercise of a progression like planche, front lever etc ( that you have mastered ) as a warmup.

But it’s an abbreviated set, not the full mastery level, right?

You're not saying to do 5x15r pushups before going to pseudo planche pushups, for example? My understanding was that this prestrength work was a light warmup. 

Geonho Lee
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

PE and it's paired IM.

all the foundations and handstand program follow the same rule.

You do the LAST exercise of a progression like planche, front lever etc ( that you have mastered ) as a warmup.

So You mean, PE1 and Its iM should be performed for warm up? Not PE1,2 right? Only PE1? Is it the first exercises that you said?

If I understand exactly, I should do full set of reps?

 

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on your level.

If you are training under PE2/IM2 you musty do PE1 and IM1.

.

.

.

if you are training PE8/IM8 you should do PE7/IM7.

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Josh Earl said:

But it’s an abbreviated set, not the full mastery level, right?

You're not saying to do 5x15r pushups before going to pseudo planche pushups, for example? My understanding was that this prestrength work was a light warmup. 

The mastery set...so 15 r.

Alessandro Mainente

The more advanced the athlete is...the more structured the warmup.

for example actually my warmup for the pushing part consists of:

15 puhsup

10 normal dip

10 rings dip

6-8 full rom free handstandpushup

5 adv tuck planche pushup

3-5 hollowbackpress

are you serious Alessandro?

yes i'm serious.

something like that for pulling movement...then i ad one set for manna work, planche work and 1 minute floor handstand.

Josh Earl
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The mastery set...so 15 r.

So 1x15r, right?

Alessandro Mainente

yes.

Geonho Lee
On 8/20/2019 at 5:46 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

yes.

If I do extended warm up program as warm up, Shousd I also try the previous level exercises for warm up??

 

Geonho Lee
On 8/19/2019 at 5:28 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The more advanced the athlete is...the more structured the warmup.

for example actually my warmup for the pushing part consists of:

15 puhsup

10 normal dip

10 rings dip

6-8 full rom free handstandpushup

5 adv tuck planche pushup

3-5 hollowbackpress

are you serious Alessandro?

yes i'm serious.

something like that for pulling movement...then i ad one set for manna work, planche work and 1 minute floor handstand.

Have you been training upper body that consists of Push and Pull day?

I mean have you separate it as push and pull?

Alessandro Mainente

no, when you become more advanced you can split in bent arm days and straight arms day, especially now.

Geonho Lee
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

no, when you become more advanced you can split in bent arm days and straight arms day, especially now.

Is it okay to do for example a bent arm day or a straight arm day with pull training?

and when I split in bent arm days and straight arm days, Should I train several each exercises? for example in bent arm days, I can push up and bench dip after warm up such as incline push up, stretching, and using band

Alessandro Mainente

you are not enough to advance for this type of split.

Nick Goddard
On 8/18/2019 at 11:30 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

PE and it's paired IM.

all the foundations and handstand program follow the same rule.

You do the LAST exercise of a progression like planche, front lever etc ( that you have mastered ) as a warmup.

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, 

Just to be sure, should I do one set of all the progressions I’ve mastered?

 

For example i’m currently on core B4.

So I should be competing one set of:

Side over arches,

Elbow side plank twists,

Seated Russian twist.

Is that correct? 

Thanks,

nick 

 

Nick Goddard

Sorry to be a pain. But I’m still unsure after reading though the posts. 

Thanks again,

nick

On 9/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, Nick Goddard said:

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, 

Just to be sure, should I do one set of all the progressions I’ve mastered?

 

For example i’m currently on core B4.

So I should be competing one set of:

Side over arches,

Elbow side plank twists,

Seated Russian twist.

Is that correct? 

Thanks,

nick 

 

 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

This is new for me, so, for example, if my program for upper body is A2, B6 and C2, I should be doing the previous mastery level exercise as warm up like this:

Warm up: A1, B5, C1 (1 mastery set for each)

Training: A2, B6, B2

Or like this? :

A1 + A2, B5 + B6, C1 + C2

Thanks and sorry to be unsure, maybe this should be specified somehow at the program as its the first time I hear about it

Alessandro Mainente

In order to make it simple...make the last exercises mastered (number of reps of the mastery) as a warmup.

when you have to do multiple exercises like for example planche progression, front lever progression etc you need to do all the warmup for the single progression in a row, then you can begin to train..so

warmup for planche then move to warmup for front lever...etc.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Got it, Thanks @Alessandro Mainente